8 12 $8.00 - $12.00
Ingredients: Artichoke leaf, Bitter Melon fruit, Milk Thistle, Turmeric
This is a blend of herbs that may assist your body with cholesterol management.
Most of the cholesterol the body needs is produced in the liver. (75% of the cholesterol that circulates in our blood is produced in the liver, the other 25% comes from food.) If your cholesterol and/or triglyceride level is high, you may want to turn to herbs that keep your body from absorbing too much cholesterol, raise the ‘good’ HDL Cholesterol and help your body to ‘flush out’ the ‘bad’ LDL. These herbs will also help your liver to function well.
Research suggests following main actions:
Artichoke leaf: The plant chemical “cynarin” is found in high concentration in the green parts of the plant, mainly the leaves. Cynarin is considered one of artichoke's main biologically active chemicals. Research confirms that cynarin lowers high cholesterol (LDL), increases bile production, and detoxifies and protects the liver. Most recent studies note that artichoke leafs may even reverse liver damage done by harmful chemicals.
Milk Thistle: Scientific research confirms Milk Thistle to actually help with liver disease treatment and prevention. It is used primarily to help with dyspeptic complaints and liver conditions, including toxin-induced liver damage and hepatic cirrhosis, and as a supportive therapy for chronic inflammatory liver conditions.
Bitter Melon fruit: hypoglycemic (lowers blood sugar), hypocholesterolemic (lowers cholesterol), antibacterial, carminative (expels gas), bitter. It may help with diabetes, high cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and high blood pressure.
Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory herb and has a long tradition as a remedy to help improve liver function. The yellow ingredient curcuma increases bile production, lowers cholesterol and has a protective action on stomach and liver.
For Dosage see package label.
Disclaimer: All information given is for educational purposes only. Not intended as a cure for any disease. Herbs must be used with knowledge and discretion. We cannot be responsible for individual responses to their use. Never use an herb excessively when pregnant. Please contact a health practitioner before use.